Oftentimes, when people want to support us, they ask us where they can buy our products. So, to make it easy + fun for you this holiday season, we put together an ethical small business gift guide where we’ve highlighted a mix of our client partners and their products. By supporting their missions, you’re supporting ours as well.
- Created by scientists and industry experts, Kinship makes clean, cruelty-free beauty + wellness products.
- Their On the Glow Bag is made at WORK+SHELTER from our 100% recycled bottle fabric, helping to cut down waste in the skincare industry.
- Perfect for your friend who’s in-need of a self-care day after a stressful 2020.
- You can take 20% off sitewide from November 25th – November 30th with code YAY20
SHOP LEV APPAREL
- With size inclusivity as their foundation, Lev Apparel garments are designed to celebrate multiple body shapes and encourage women to feel beautiful in their own skin.
- Founder Krystle Marks believes strongly in “empowered women empowering women” and sought out WORK+SHELTER for our ethical production, fair- trade practices, and women-centric goals.
- The Theodora Long Sleeve is perfect for your friend that’s always late because they can’t decide what to wear— you truly can’t go wrong with an ethically made classic white button down.
- They will be rolling out a variety of deals all week, while also sharing socially impactful, local and small businesses near + dear to them as a way to celebrate Fair Trade Friday.
SHOP SOHZA SISTER
“When a woman is at the center of change anything is possible”
- Similar to WORK+SHELTER’s goal of helping women in-need, Sohza Sister was founded by three sisters who came together with a goal to help women locally + globally.
- Their products include a mix of jewelry, casual apparel, accessories, and more- all stamped with encouraging messages of women’s empowerment.
- The perfect one-stop shop— you can purchase a “Bag of Love” tote for $10 and fill it with a fun mix of products at a discounted rate.
SHOP DIASPORA CO.
“Building a better spice trade.”
- Diaspora Co. is a direct trade, single origin spice company dedicated to building a better spice trade.
- Founder, Sana Javeri Kadri, came to us wanting a tote bag made by a manufacturer whose values reflected her own.
- Now known as the Diaspora Market Tote, this bag is made ethically, from 100% organic cotton by the women of W+S.
- Perfect for the chef of the family- purchase a Diaspora Market Tote to double as a fancy gift bag and fill it with authentic Indian spices this holiday season.
- Order now and receive FREE SHIPPING on all orders above $100.
SHOP LILY FORBES
“Sustainable independent fashion house sans seasons,naturally dyed, handwoven, and unisex.”
- Combining fair trade production with sustainable fabrics, LILY FORBES creates high-end robes made from upcycled sari silk and organic cotton denim.
- Founder Lily Shafroth Forbes spent a great deal of time in India working directly with our production team to learn about WORK+SHELTER’s ethical supply chain.
- The Raw Indigo Denim Robe is perfect for your friend who’s constantly on Zoom calls— these robes provide a lovely balance between luxury + cozy, taking your work-from-home look to the next level effortlessly.
- Purchase your robe today and receive FREE SHIPPING on all
“A shirt that’s made fair, for men.”
- The Fair Shirt Project was created to offer men looking for ethical clothing more options.
- All Fair Shirt Project products are designed in Evanston, IL, and produced in India at Work+Shelter.
- The Blue Plaid Short Sleeve Button Up is perfect for the man in your life who believes in living (+ wearing!) their values, but doesn’t want to sacrifice style.
- Featured at the Chicago Fair Trade Coalition‘s Holiday Pop-Up Shop (online + in-person), where they will be selling men’s button down shirts (including all new long sleeve styles) and masks.
From the WORK+SHELTER team all across the globe to you + your family, we wish you a happy, safe, and healthy Holiday Season. And please remember to shop small!