We are excited to announce that we have reopened! General lockdown in Delhi has ended, and both WORK+SHELTER and our vendors are warming up our production and supply chains.
For more information on Delhi’s reopening plan, check out this article from ALJAZEERA.
Even though we are reopening, the COVID-19 crisis is by no means over. We will ensure that health and safety protocols are strictly followed by all employees as we ease back into production.
- We will be getting COVID tests for employees on a need basis, and when available. There is still a shortage of test kits + medical staff in testing laboratories, so we will be focusing on employees that are recovering from COVID, employees that are showing symptoms, and employees that have traveled recently.
- Our Strategic Projects Manager Nitu Choudhary is working on booking vaccination appointments for all employees as they become available. At the moment vaccines are in short supply, with only a handful of employees having received a first dose.
- WORK+SHELTER employees will be working in two 7-hour shifts instead of one shift in order to better social distance. Shifts will not overlap in order to ensure groups do not intermingle. Between our two neighboring facilities, everyone will have ample social distancing space.
- Attendance is capped to avoid overcrowding.
- All employees will fill out + sign COVID symptom screening forms before each shift as well as complete daily temperature checks.
- Employees who are able to work from home will continue to work from home.
- Our facilities will be cleaned and sanitized between shifts and at the end of every day.
- We will ensure employees are taking proper safety precautions at home + outside of work, and have advised to avoid travel unless extremely urgent.
We are working to obtain a third space so more women are able to come back to work while maintaining proper social distancing. Your donations have been extremely helpful in this process, but we still have to navigate some difficult bureaucratic obstacles before we achieve this goal.
Production of current orders will resume in the order they were placed or as discussed with our team. We will continue to update all clients on current order progress and expected delivery dates as it comes up. If you have any questions about your current order, please reach out to our team at [email protected] or schedule a meeting with us.
Finally, we are accepting new orders! If you’d like to learn more about working with us, check out these blogs:
Thank you for your support as we work to open safely. We appreciate you.